CONFERENCE ON NON-IONISING RADIATION (NIR) 2015
Nowadays, non ionising radiations (NIR) sources are widely used in a diverse range of industrial, medical, telecommunication and wireless technology, defense, agricultural, entertainments and broadcasting, household and office appliances. NIR is an electromagnetic radiation that does not carry enough energy to ionise but capable to affect the cells electrically, chemically and thermally with beneficial or harmful consequences.
The conflict between the benefits and the possible health risks has created considerable concerns and confusions amongst the public and civil society groups. Therefore, this Conference will act as a platform for the public and civil society groups to get more balanced and accurate information on the various aspect of NIR. It’s aim is also to provide the information on hazards and wide spectrum of non ionising aspect to avoid misconception and misunderstanding among people and publics on the non ionising radiation.
The Conference will also act as a forum for scientists, regulatory and local authorities, telecommunications companies and industries in disseminating of knowledge, exchanging experiences and promoting new ideas in the field of NIR and related areas. Hence, it presents a unique opportunity to keep up to date with the expertise and experiences personnel from locals as well as from abroad.
- To disseminate information on the latest development, strategies and future directions for NIR management practices.
- To overview the current NIR practices at workplace as to conform to the safety standards, procedures and best practices.
- To keep abreast on the latest development and information in the field of NIR activities such as R&D, education and training, standards and regulations and safety management
- To recognize and understand the delicate balance amongst the need of technology and the health safety aspects to the public and workers.
- To enhance networking and cooperation among different individual, groups and organizations for future collaborative work
A total of 12 papers are scheduled to be presented at the Conference. They will be 3 keynotes address and 9 papers deliver by notable international and local speakers covering the following scopes:
- Sources, biological effects, emissions and exposure
- Radiation measurement protocols and unit
- Guidelines, procedures, practices & standard
- ELF, RF/Microwave, IR, Laser and UV
- Electromagnetic interference (EMI) & Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Mobile phone and the base station installations
- Safety issues of NIR in clinical environment
- Citing and engineering perspective
- Safety management
- Research and development in NIR safety
- Education and training
- Current development & direction of NIR
- Policy & safety management of NIR
- Standards, regulations and code of practice
- Citing & engineering perspective
- R & D in NIR
- Education & training
- New technologies & current applications of NIR
Malaysian Radiation Protection Association (MARPA)
Malaysian Nuclear Agency (Nuclear Malaysia)
IN COLLABORATION WITH
- Malaysian Technical Standards Forum Bhd (MTSFB)
- Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC)
- Ministry of Health (MOH)
- Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Energy Commission